Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Real Deal: Silicon KeyBoard Protector from CDr-King

Living in a 3rd world country has it's own advantages.

Companies compete and us consumers get the advantage of low-priced goods but as expected, some are already sub-standard BUT, you can still find good deals like this Real Deal that I am talking about.

The Silicon Keyboard Protector.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2623/keyboardo.jpg
I had mine (yes, that is my trusty ol' laptop) for more than a year now. Had I discovered it earlier, it would have prevented fades on my Twinhead H12 laptop.

What I did was I bought the 15" version of it and just trimmed it to fit (even on the touch pad). Now, I am so used to typing on it that I don't type as fast without the silicon cover on. There are of course 2 sides on this.

Advantages:
-Prevents Fading
-Type easier and faster (lessens the gap between keys via the thin silicon skin)
-Prevents water from directly entering upon water spillage. (Applicable to chips also)
-Easier to wash rather than dusting your keyboard

Disadvantages:
-Prevents heat from going out thru the keyboard
-Unless you cover the entire keyboard area + the sides of it, the color will not be uniform as those not covered by this silicon case would get a different color tone after a while.

Cost of this? Just P80 pesos! Converting it, it's less than $2 US Dollars!
http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/photos/CIMG8113.jpg
Mac has branded keyboard silicon protectors but it costs a lot. I saw one a few months back with a price tag of 2,000 pesos! It's around $42 US Dollars.

I'd rather buy myself other gadgets with the $40 US dollars I can save by buying the generic keyboard silicon cover!

Now, this is The Real Deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment